20060122
Back in the Swing of ThingsLooks like its time for an update on my current situation. As of now I am back in Japan, and I have to say that it is good to be back.
Got off to a bit of a rocky start. In my haste to pack, or I should say laziness and not thinking, I for got to print a map out to fin my capsule hotel. This causing a bit of problem for when I get to nagoya and need to find it. Now me being a man I could not stop and ask for directions so I sent about 45 minutes walking around down town looking for it. For anyone that has been to Japan knows how hard this is. Every thing is so very dense that if you don't know where it is then you will never find it. To make matters worse my cheap Wallmart suit case had one of it wheels broken off during the flight over, so I was lugging around all three of my bags. Not Fun.
Anyways I finally broke down and asked for directions. I went strait to the Koban (police box) and luckily they new exactly what I was looking for and where it was. Off I went.
I have to say these capsule hotels are really nice. For 39 dollars I got a bed breakfast and access to the sento. (japanese bath) Sorry but I did not take any pictures. You see I was just to nackered to take any, maybe next time ^^.
After checking in and have a nice long bath and sauna it was time to got out and get some thing to eat. I tell you nothing hits the spot like a big boll of Chyashu(pork) ramen, and a bottle of Kirin Ichiban shibori (The only way it could have beeen better is if they had Sapporo^^)
After that wonderful meal it was back to the hotel to cop some Zs. I woke up nice and eairly the next morning and got to kyoto about 4 hours early, poked around town and then meet the people from Kansai Gaidai at 3.
Thats all for now ^^
