The Internet, It's here and I am going to use it for my own selfish need. Take that in your eye popular media

20060127

Right where I left it.

So i have been in Japan for a few days now, almost a week. You know what, in that time i have not really been out for a drink. I have had a beer or two with my ramen but I have not been out and had a few beers in an izakaya, that is until last night.

A group of us decided to head out to the local izakaya. We eat drink and be loud, just like any good group of foreigners. But then out of now where we get a few baskets of french fries delivered to our table. Turns out that they where sent to us from "Hirose-san," the owner of a local sports newspaper. we thank him and send him a beer back. After that we just carry on by our selves. Then Hirose-san comes over and talks with us and brings some of his friends with use. He then proceeds to by three more rounds of beer for all eight of us!

As I said at the beginning I have been here for a while now, and I was not sure how my japanese was. I have not really been using it. But it turns out that it is exactly where I left it, right in the bar ^^. So the night goes well. I get to transalate alot for the other guys, that is not say that I have that great of a grasp on then japanese language. To be completely honest I was guessing on about a third of it. But that is still pretty good right?

Ok thats all for now, I will try to get some picture of the campus up for you all to see. But don't hold your breath, you all know me. (^_^)

Posted by Toddokun :: 6:56 AM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------