The Internet, It's here and I am going to use it for my own selfish need. Take that in your eye popular media

20060321

Its not all Beer and Sake


Yours truly
Originally uploaded by thorner.
I gues it must be coming off that all I really do here is drink beer, and when I am not ding that I am drinkig sake. Well I am here to say "No!!" that is not all I am doing.

Infact I am just getting ready to go back to Kansai after my short to to Tokyo to meet Ian and my old host family the Unos. Adn to tell you truth very little drinking was done. (^_^) But lots of fun was had.

The first day I got in I spent the day just chatting it up with the Uno and vatvhing up on the going ons. For any of you that are interested it is the 40th niversy of Labo this year, and Tokyo Labo center is moving to a new building.

The next day I meet Ian and we went to Akihabura (the electric town) to do a podcast. Oh and we did (not on purpose, they are everywhere) walk by many maids and maid cafes. The dam Densha Otoko (^_^) After that it was off to a small "labo graduation party" which has nothing to do with a party, that what they call Labo meetings. But it was fun. Its been a long time since I have done a folk dance. To round out the day it was back to the Uno`s new house for Shrimp dumplings and Tako yaki. Very nice.

Day 3. At this point I really thought that these vacations are far to much work. This day we got up nice and early, around 10:30, and then headed out to Shinjuku to take a walk around. It was been a while for me but Ian beats we with about 10 years since he was last in Shinjuku. After that we made it to the Labo center just in time to meet Uno Mama and head out for some amazing Sushi. Wow it was good.

With a full stomach Ian and I were off to Harajuku, to find Hondas store H-Free. I have to say this was the biggest let down of the day. I had read out this place and it was supossed to be the store front for Honda`s Concept bike division. It turned out to be just a clothing store. Needless to say we did not spend much time there. Off we go again, ending up walking all the way to Shibuya. That god the weather was nice. Widlling the day away it soon became time for dinner. I new one off my old friends was in town so we all decided to meet at "The Hub" a very nice english pub (hey I am only human I need some beer (^_^) ) Had some good fish and chips and then we were off again. Staight to "Hazel Burn" I would have to say this was one of the highlight of the day, well for Ian I am sure. The scotch you could get here was just amazing. I think I will let Ian explain this if he does post about it, becaseu he would do such a better job. So the scotch was good but we needed to get some more food in use. Enter Yaki tori alley. The last place we stoped before Ian cought his train and went home. words can not do the street and justice. You really have to just go there. We had some food and beer, and started to tlak to the Japanese business guys that were there. Food was eaten, beer was drank, and best off all, only half the bill was paid. "I have all been able to depend on the kindness of drunken Japanese business men"

I went hoem and have spent the lst few days just resting and chatting. That and not looking forward to my night bus home to night. in ending I think that only thing I can do is to quote Jason Hill and say " catch you all on the Flip side."

Ciao

Posted by Toddokun :: 11:29 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------