The Internet, It's here and I am going to use it for my own selfish need. Take that in your eye popular media

20060510

New Pass Time

So I was sitting in the MacDonalds with Mariko, I look over and see something that I have not seen in a while. Two white guys, (Now that is no that unusual in Kyoto but keep reading) both with short sleeve white shirts, a tie, a 3/4 part close cut hair style, and a name tag that read "Elder ..." Can any one guess what I saw? That right, I found some Mormons on there mission. (-_-)

I have seen them before, sometime discussing the how the donuts in Japan taste different from the ones back home. (besides the fact that there are so many other better things to eat in Japan the Mr. Donuts donuts, I have traveled to what I think is a few different countries, and I have on occasion eat some donuts. But a donut is a donut is a donut, no matter where you go. That is unless you are eating something like a curry donut (which I think you all should try some time), but then that is not a donut any more it’s a curry donut.) Quite a few in the area of Hirakata and Kyoto. I'm not really sure why, I would think it has something to do with the large number of foreigners here, but really don't know.

So I lean over ask Mariko if she knows what those people are, see looks at them, then asks, "Are they out job hunting?"

"Nope" I replay, "there Mormons."

"What's that?"

Taking in to account certain language difficulties, that being her level of English and mine of Japanese I say "They're like extreme Christians"

"I don’t understand" is all she could say.

"Well as far as I know they are not allowed to have fun. They can't drink, coffee, tea, alcohol, or smoke. There are alot of other rules to like having to go to church every sunday, and where formal closes when they do, really weird and strange wedding practices," then it hits me "They're almost like a cult."

"Waaa, that's weird," is all you could say.

During this first introduction the pair that was in MacDonalds was also trying to brainwash, no wait perhaps I should use the term "convert" some poor Japanese fellow. This was an education fro me two. I could not hear what they were saying, but I was taken aback when the Mormon brought these laminated little picture like things of the universe and placing them around the table. I was very interesting, I really have not idea what its about.

So Mariko and talk about them then and since they are so easy to spot it has become a most a bit of a game with use. When we meet sometimes it the first them we have to say. "Guess what on time train today I saw two Mormons," that’s about all it is.

There really in no real point to the entry but you guys want some thing to read, and I provide. If you don’t like, well just try and stop me, it the internet, A hahahahah.

Posted by Toddokun :: 11:07 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------